Friday, March 20, 2009

me2eveyone update. Sort of.

Well, it has been fairly quiet on the me2everyone front, so I haven't had much to blog about. Me2everyone still has not released any beta product/service and March, their promised beta launch month, is almost at an end.  Neither has it been converted into a Public Limited Company, thus it is still unable to give you any real registered shares.

Regarding the beta product / service, I like this particular blog about it, quoting: "Sign up for free but first give us your details and we’ll show you a landing page telling you how we imagine this thing will look in the future, it’s not ready yet. -- I heard a similar story from a car salesman last week when he said to my girlfriend that she could test drive the car in question but she’d have to agree to the sale first."

I guess that for the same reason, major technology news sources such as ZiffDavis, TechCrunchWired, or the members of the good 'ol SlashDot haven't spent any time reporting the "next big thing" that me2everyone has proclaimed to be. There simply isn't anything to report.

But surely, with more than 300k members within 10 weeks, someone would take notice? Anyone? Hello? 

The few things that did happen

One of the few things that did happen was the appointment of Allan McDonald as a director[1] on March 12th. Allan McDonald is also listed as "Special Advisor - UK" for MYMoneyTree.tv (see my first blog).

Me2everyone also released a "Global Exec" list[2] with some (un)surprising names, such as Boulat Rafikov, Tim(othy) Fielding, Alan Clements, Sam Davidson, Raju Mahtani, Barry Tait, and Abdelrahman Fames, all of whom are MYMoneyTree.tv "Special Advisors".  I'm just surprised that Boulat Rafikov was mentioned, despite his less than flattering history with investment schemes such as the Global Pension Plan. 

Furhermore, Lorekai Limited's First Gazette did indeed get published in the London Gazette[3]. As mentioned in an earlier blog, Lorekai Limited is overdue with its annuals and accounts and the Companies House has proposed for it to be struck off its records. It certainly makes you wonder if  Lorekai Pte Limited (Singapore) and me2everyone Limited will follow suit.

Get paid to stuff envelopes at home!

Well, not really. But that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the latest me2everyone release regarding "freelancers"[4]. It really read like one of those "work from home" advertisements you find on the last pages of a tabloid.

So, starting April 2009 you can make "up to £4500 working just 2-3 hours a week" with each "business component". Combine a couple of these components, and you will be making "up to £81,000 a year". Best of all (pun intended), "the business licence and support fee is low-cost". I suppose it involves a bank and a Nigerian prince? 

I thought it was quite a preposterous statement to make, especially since it comes across as shady and not in line with their proposed beta product / service (at least not in the way it was written by them).

But, as someone else aptly put it: "I don't think it's a scam, it's more like a university sponsored social study in modern moronity."[5] 




References:

[1] Companies House record of me2everyone Limited (England & Wales registration #06702315): http://www.thecompanymerchant.co.uk/cms/companies-house-search?companyid=06702315&doc=y
[3] Lorekai Limited, First Gazette Notices, London Gazette: http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/821942/supplements/751
[4] "DELIVERING THE NEW CUSTOMER CARE PORTAL" by me2everyone, posted March 22nd 2009: http://www.moneyfanclub.com/affiliate-marketing-mlm-wealth-programs/25733-me2everyone-www-me2everyone-com-7.html#post105100

2 comments:

  1. Me2everyone is now PLC .

    ReplyDelete
  2. where can we see that... can you help i reserach but i can´t find it..
    can you give a better link?

    ReplyDelete